New Drug Product Development Using Continuous Manufacturing
28th May 2019 | 9:00 GMT, 10:00 CET and 13:30 IST | Giustino Di Pretoro, Associate Director Drug Product Development an Johnson and Johnson |BOOK FREE SEAT
– What is Drug Product Continuous Manufacturing?
– Is Continuous Manufacturing really worth the effort? “without data, you are just another person with an opinion”
– What are the challenges implementing CM?
– Development and tech transfer considerations for CM.
- Demonstrate finacial and operational benefits of Continuous Manufacturing
- Explain the key challenges in the implementation of CM in R&D
- Explore key strategies in drug product development of CM
Presented by Giustino Di Pretoro, Associate Director Drug Product Development an Johnson and Johnson
Giustino Di Pretoro is an Associate Director at Janssen Pharmaceutica, a Johnson & Johnson Company. Dr. Di Pretoro is a subject matter expert and drug product development lead for continuous manufacturing, and coordinator for a series of academic collaborations within the field. Before joining Johnson & Johnson, Giustino was Team Leader and Principal Scientist at Novo Nordisk AS (DK), where he was heading a formulation team focusing on oral delivery of biomolecules, and prior as R&D and Business Development Manager for a Swiss CMO, focussing on novel technologies for particle size reduction and solubility improvement of class II BCS drugs. Giustino holds a Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Technology and Msc. in Industrial Pharmacy, from the University of Milan (I). Within his Ph.D. he worked as Research Scientist at the University of Cambridge (UK) in the Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology department, and later as visiting postdoc in Pharmaceutical Technology at the University of Düsseldorf (DE).