The Thermo Scientific HyPerforma Single-Use Fermentor (S.U.F.)
Posted on April 30, 2018
The Thermo ScientificTM HyPerformaTM S.U.F is the first single-use fermentor that’s been specifically engineered to support the unique requirements of microbial fermentation. The S.U.F. is available in both 30 L and 300 L sizes and provides a 5:1 turn-down ratio.
Key features include:
• Three Rushton-style impellers and a baffled, jacketed vessel support effective mass transfer, powerful mixing, and temperature control
• The 3:1 height to diameter ratio allows for consistent scalability of and flexibility in process design
• An efficient exhaust management system enables high flow rates (2VVM)
• Automated foam control reduces the risk of excess foam buildup
• A vertical access door ensures easy loading and retrieval of BioProcess Containers and harvest lines
• Single-use technology reduces turn-around time between batches – as low as two hours
The HyPerforma S.U.F. uses a Thermo Scientific pre-sterilized and gamma irradiated BioProcess Container (BPC). The system’s open architecture allows the S.U.F. and its BPC to be highly flexible and configurable for integration into existing fermentation operations and control systems, or delivered as turnkey for immediate use.
To learn more about the S.U.F., contact your key account manager today or visit www.thermofisher.com/suf
Subscribe to our FREE newsletter